Saturday, July 30, 2005

Nicolas Sarkozy - report of the arrests of some of the suspects prior to 7 July 2005.


Some of the suspected suicide bombers who attacked London on 7 July had been arrested in 2004 but freed in a bid to catch a wider network, French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy has claimed.

"It seems that part of this team had been subject to partial arrest... in Spring 2004," Sarkozy told a news conference, reportedly quoting what British Home Secretary Charles Clarke had told an emergency meeting of EU justice and home affairs ministers.



Post a Comment

<< Home